Ask a student learning advisor
Your library is pleased to host Student Learning Advisors in all campus libraries.
Student Learning Advisors are experienced and successful students who are employed by the Academic Language and Learning Unit (ALLU) to assist fellow students with help in their studies and use of the library. They responded to around 8500 enquiries in 2012. They come from different study backgrounds and speak some dozen different languages.
Student Learning Advisors have been trained to help with a range of enquiries, from general library enquiries to discipline-specific issues. Questions like:
- I don't understand this assignment question. Can you help?
- I can’t seem to get a handle on some of what is presented in the lectures in this subject. Can you explain?
- I have been asked to look at journal articles. Where do I find them?
- How do I reference a web page?
- I failed my last assignment and I am not sure why.
- Where do I find the Faculty Office?
- How do I print in the library?
- I am struggling to get all my work finished. Can you advise me?
- Can you help with my stats question?
- I am not prepared for my exams. What am I going to do?
- What do you do if you want to drop a subject now?
If you are looking for help why not ask one of our Student Learning Advisors? If they can't help, they'll usually know who can!
They are easy to spot - they will be wearing bright RED t-shirts with ASK US on the back, and are available in all campus libraries during semester.
Desk Open Times
|Monday - Friday||9am - 6pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||12pm - 3pm|
|Monday - Thursday||10am - 7pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||1pm - 4pm|
|Monday - Friday||10am - 12pm
1pm - 3pm
|Monday - Friday||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday||1pm - 5pm|
|Monday - Friday||10am - 3pm|