Peer Learning Advisers
During study vacation,October 27th - Oct 31st, the PLA desks will be available at the following times:
- Mildura: 11am - 2pm (Monday to Thursday)
- Shepparton: 11am - 2pm (Monday to Thursday)
- Albury-Wodonga: 11am - 3pm (Monday to Thursday)
- Bendigo: 11am - 3pm (Monday to Thursday)
- Melbourne: 12pm - 2pm (Monday to Friday)
Note: only Melbourne will be open on Friday October 31st.
Thinking about becoming a PLA?
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from current La Trobe students. Express your interest online: https://latrobe.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6SDgYh1hAEFtZd3.
About Peer Learning Advisers
Your Peer Learning Advisers (PLAs) are experienced and successful students who are trained by Student Learning and Library teams to assist fellow students with help in their studies and use of the library. Peer learning advisers assist with inquiries to the level of their experience and connect students to other resources and services if more assistance is required. PLAs come from a range of different study backgrounds and speak some dozen different languages.
Peer Learning Advisers are trained to help students with a range of enquiries, from general enquiries to subject-specific issues. Questions like:
- I don't understand this assignment question. Can you help?
- I sometimes find lectures confusing and don't understand everything that my lecturer says. Can you help?
- Where do I find past exam papers?
- I have been asked to look for peer reviewed journal articles. What is a peer reviewed journal? How do I find them?
- How do I reference a web page?
- I failed my last assignment and I am not sure why.
- Where do I find my lecturer's office?
- How do I print in the library?
- What is plagiarism?
- I don't know how to use an ebook?
- Where do I find my course readings?
- I am struggling to get all my work finished. Can you advise me?
- Can you help with my stats question?
- I am not prepared for my exams. What am I going to do?
- What do I do if I want to drop a subject now?
- I need some tips on how to study and take notes.
If you are looking for help why not ask one of your Peer Learning Advisers? If they can't help, they'll usually know who can!
They are easy to spot - they will be wearing either a bright RED t-shirts with ASK US on the back or RED lanyard with a big ASK ME, and are available in all campus libraries during semester.
Get help from a PLA via chat or email
The Peer Learning Advisory service is a joint Library and Student Learning initiative. We are interested in your feedback on the PLA service. For more information about the PLA Service please contact Kerryn Amery, Julianne East or Linda Sheridan.
Desk opening hours
|Monday - Thursday||10am - 4pm|
|Friday||10am - 2pm|
|Monday - Thursday||10am - 6pm|
|Friday||11am - 3pm|
|Monday - Friday||11am - 3pm|
|Monday - Thursday||11am - 5pm|
|Friday||11am - 1pm|
|Monday - Thursday||11am - 3pm|
|Friday||12pm - 2pm|