Request an item already on loan
You can reserve an item on loan if you have found an item in Library Search and the status states that it is due back by a specific date. You can be the next person to get that item by using Request Options: Request.
- Click on Get It.
- Click on Sign-in for more options and enter your login details.
- Click on the Request link.
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on the Request button.
- If your request is successful, you will see a highlighted message: 'Request Placed'.
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days or notify Library staff if a longer hold period is required.
If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a hold queue. The borrow time will reduce to one week.
There will be a 6 week trial from Monday the 7th September to allow holds for 3 and 7 day loans. These items will only be held on the hold shelves for 2 days.
Maximum number of requests (Holds)
Students: Up to 8 items at a time.
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you've requested an item using the above method, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Account.