Request an item already on loan
You can reserve an item on loan if you have found an item in the Catalogue and the status states that it is due back by a specific date. You can be the next person to get that item by using Request a Hold.
- Click on either or if these options are available for the item you want.
- Enter your login details.
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on the Submit button.
- If you need a specific volume or copy, click on the volume or copy to the left of the item.
- Click on
- If your request is successful, you will receive the following message: 'Your request will be delivered to (pick-up location) when it is available.'
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days.
If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a hold queue. The borrow time will reduce to one week.
Maximum number of requests (Holds)
Students: Up to 8 items at a time.
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you’ve requested an item using the above method, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Library.