Request an item already on loan
The item you require is on loan, or at another campus? Place a request via Library Search:
- Click on "Get It"
- Click on "Sign in" and enter your login details:
- Click on the "Request" link:
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on "Request"
- If your request is successful, you will see a highlighted message: "Request Placed"
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days or notify Library staff if a longer hold period is required
If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a hold queue. The borrow time will reduce to one week.
The library is currently trialling holds for 3 and 7 day loans. During this trial period these items are kept on the hold shelves for 2 days.
Maximum number of requests (Holds)
Students: Up to 8 items at a time.
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you've requested an item using the above method, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Account.