Request an item already on loan
- Click on either or if these options are available for the item you want.
- Enter your login details.
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on the Submit button.
- If you need a specific volume or copy, click on the volume or copy to the left of the item.
- Click on
- If your request is successful, you will receive the following message: 'Your request will be delivered to (pick-up location) when it is available.'
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days.
If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a hold queue. The borrow time will reduce to one week.
Maximum number of requests (Holds)
Students: Up to 8 items at a time.
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you’ve requested an item using the above method, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Library.