Renew my loan
You can renew an item if it is almost due to be returned or overdue and you need to keep it longer.
How do I renew my loans?
- Use My Library to renew online.
- Enter your login details and click on the Submit button.
- Tick the box to the left of the item you need to renew.
- Click on the Renew Selected button.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- If you have successfully renewed the item, the new 'Date Due' will be displayed.
- If the item cannot be renewed, you must return it to the library by the due date.
You can also renew items at the Inquiry/Loans Desk with your student or staff card or by telephone. Remember to record the new due date.
What items can I renew?
All items can be renewed except for the following:
- items that have been requested by another borrower
- items that are short term loan i.e. marked 24 hour, 3 or 7 Day loan
- items from the Reserve Collection
- items from Serials Collection i.e. journals, newspapers, government publications.
Document Delivery items
Items borrowed via the Document Delivery service can only be renewed at the Inquiry/Loans Desk with your student or staff card or by telephone.
You might also be interested in…