Renew my loan
You can renew an item if it is almost due to be returned or overdue and you need to keep it longer.
How do I renew my loans?
- Use My Account to renew online.
- Enter your login details and click on the Login button.
- Tick the box to the left of the item you need to renew.
- Click on the Renew Selected link.
- If you have successfully renewed the item, the new 'Due Date' will be displayed.
- If the item cannot be renewed, you must return it to the library by the due date.
You can also renew items at the Inquiry/Loans Desk with your student or staff card or by telephone. Remember to record the new due date.
What items can I renew?
All items can be renewed except for the following:
- items that have been requested by another borrower
- items that are short term loan i.e. marked 24 hour, 3 or 7 Day loan
- items from the Reserve Collection
- items from Serials Collection i.e. journals, newspapers, government publications.
Document Delivery items
Items borrowed via the Document Delivery Service can be renewed via phone or email.
You might also be interested in…