Get an item on my reading list
Your lecturer may give you a reading list with items that are essential reading for your subject. Items on this list are high use material. Most can be found:
- in the reserve area of the library
- in the general collection
To search your reading list, type your lecturer's surname or unit code in the ReadingLists@La Trobe search box
Find reading list items on the shelf
- Take note of the whole call number of the item in your reading list.
- Go to the Reserve area of the library.
- Use the call number to locate the item on the shelf. Items are arranged in alpha-numeric order according to their call numbers.
Frequently asked questions
- How many reserve items can I borrow?
You can only borrow two reserve items at a time.
- Can I renew reserve items?
Reserve items cannot be renewed.
- Can I get reserve items sent to a city campus?
No, reserve items can only be borrowed in person.
- Can I borrow items located in the Reserve area overnight?
Yes. You can borrow three hours before closing time and it must be returned before the standard opening time of the next day.