Borrow from other libraries (through CAVAL, BONUS+ or ULA)
If you are a La Trobe University student or staff member and cannot find an item in the La Trobe libraries, you are able to borrow it from other academic libraries.
Online: Books from other university libraries
You can have books sent to your La Trobe campus library from universities that are part of the BONUS+ service:
- Search the La Trobe University library for the book you need.
- If the library does not have the item or all copies are out on loan, click on the BONUS+ button.
- The system will repeat the search for the book in BONUS+.
- If the book appears in the system, click on REQUEST THIS ITEM.
- Select La Trobe University from the drop down list and click on the Submit above information button.
- Enter your login details.
- Select the campus library where you wish to pick up the book and click on the Submit button.
- When you receive an email notifying you that the book has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days.
- BONUS+ items can only be renewed once.
- You can return the book to your La Trobe campus library.
- Find out how many BONUS+ items you can borrow, how long and the number of renewals.
In person: Items from other Victorian university and TAFE libraries
You can visit and borrow from other Victorian university and TAFE libraries as part of the CAVAL program.
- Obtain a CAVAL card from your campus library or by completing the CAVAL Registration form online.
- Sign your CAVAL card.
- You can search the catalogues of the participating libraries to find material you might wish to borrow.
- Take both your CAVAL card and your La Trobe student or staff card each time you want to borrow an item from another library.
- You must learn about the borrowing restrictions and make sure to return the items to the other library by the due date.
In person: Items from other Australian university libraries (ULA)
When you travel interstate you can borrow items from a local university library.
- Take your student card and your enrolment advice statement as proof of current enrolment to the service desk at the library you wish to borrow from.
- Find out how to borrow and the borrowing conditions for the library you are visiting.