Borrow from other La Trobe campuses
Students and staff at the Austin or Alfred Hospitals or at the Bouverie Centre
- Use the document delivery service to get items delivered to your main place of study or work.
All other users of the library
- Use the instructions below to get items delivered to your campus library.
Books and some audiovisual items
If you have found an item in the Catalogue and it is located at another La Trobe campus library, in the Melbourne Annexe or in storage:
- Click on either or .
- Enter your login details.
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on the Submit button.
- If you need a specific volume or copy, mark the item you want then click on .
- If your request is successful, you will receive the following message: 'Your request will be delivered to (pick-up location) when it is available.'
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days.
Some items cannot be delivered to another campus library. If there is no Request a Hold button, the item is only available to read in the library where it is located.
To get books from the Library Annexe, ask at the Inquiry/Loans Desk.
Journal articles or bound journals
If you have found a journal article and it is located at another La Trobe campus library or the Melbourne Annexe:
- Fill in the Journal Article Request form.
- You will receive an email with the scanned article attached as a PDF file.
If you have found a bound journal that is located at another La Trobe campus library or the Melbourne Annexe contact the Inquiry/Loans Desk (La Trobe University students and staff only).
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you’ve requested an item using the above methods, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Library.