Informal Learning Commons - Bendigo
The Informal Learning Commons will create a new informal learning space for students at the Bendigo Campus. The works will see the transformation of the former Business faculty office in the BUS building into a flexible space able to accommodate a number of informal uses, including large scale presentations utilising newly installed Audio Visual equipment.
In line with Bendigo Campus Master Plan the Informal Learning Commons supports the University's commitment to deliver better learning infrastructure and enhancing student learning experience on campus.
Completed May 2016
- a new informal learning space for students that has the flexibility to suit a number of different requirements.
- creates an encouraging and unobtrusive space where students can continue their learning before and between classes.
- provides a space to conduct informal presentations and display live events on a large LCD screen.
- informal modular seating for 45-50 occupants
- four hot-desks for BYO devices
- laptop and hand-held devices charging station
- large LCD screen for informal presentations and live events
- upgraded Air Conditioning to cater to increased occupancy
- updated lighting, carpet and wall finishes.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Is this a bookable space?The Learning Commons will be an open access space and generally not available for bookings.
What if I want to make an informal presentation and or use of the AV facility?This could be arranged by contacting, Emma Bridger, Campus Admin Officer - Bendigo. email@example.com
|Client:||La Trobe University|
|Project manager:||Anandh Ravi|
|Architects:||Karl Baumann Architecture|
|Building services:||Lucid Consulting Australia|
|Building surveyor:||Regional Building Surveying Services Pty Ltd|
Contact the Project Manager:
Latrobe University Infrastructure and Operations.
Phone: 9459 6680 or mobile: 0407 782917