A second Construction Zone was established to create a secure area around the old Engineering building and part of the Library / Student Union building.
See the Bendigo Campus maps for changes to vehicle and pedestrian access.
| Road Closure |
- The north eastern section of Science Drive is closed
- Services Drive is closed to general traffic and is now the main entry into the Construction Zone
- Union Drive is closed to general traffic and is now within the Construction Zone.
| Car Parking|
- Car parks P4 temp, P12 and P16 are within the new Construction Zone and are now closed
- Reserve parking users have been allocated spaces in other car parks.
- Parking for the large number of builders who will be on site will be established next to car park P2.
- Medical Clinic patient reserved parking is now in car park P22 near the Visual Arts (VA) building. traffic and is now the main entry into the Construction Zone.
| Pedestrian Access |
- The main Campus building entrance in front of Circular Lecture Theatre (CLT) is closed
- The temporary entrance is now through the Student Services Centre (SSC) doors on the east side of the building
- Access from the north end of Sharon St is along the existing pathway beside Applied Science 1 (AS1)
- Access from Ellis St is along the existing pathways to the Sports Centre car park P11 then along Central Drive.
- A new mobility ramp has been built to provide access from Library / Student Union (L/SU) to Circular Lecture Theatre (CLT)
- Medical Centre patients are being advised to use the lift in the Visual Arts (VA) building to avoid sloped pathways.
| Emergency Procedures |
- Alternate Emergency Assembly Areas have been established to replace areas closed due to the construction zone
- Emergency procedure instructions and maps have been updated and displayed on notice boards in impacted buildings
- Floor wardens have been briefed on the changes to emergency procedures
- Emergency drills using the new Assembly Areas have been conducted
- CFA has been updated on the changed conditions on the Campus.
| Library services |
- The Library will continue to provide services throughout the construction period.
| Student Union services |
- The Student Union will continue to provide services throughout the construction period
- The parquetry floor area is now within the construction zone and has been closed off by a hoarding
- Alternate arrangements will be made for larger events previously held within the Library / Student Union (L/SU) building.