ASK La Trobe Space Redesign
Infrastructure & Operations are undertaking an upgrade of the ASK La Trobe Space in the Borchardt Library building, the University’s principle on-campus venue for student help and support.
Upgrading the space will greatly improve the La Trobe experience for students, staff and the community.
The refurbishment of ASK La Trobe Space aligns with the University’s Melbourne Campus Vision objective of creating an environment that supports the enrichment of our on-campus life where students, staff and other community members will be able to study, work and meet.
Construction commencement date: July 2017
Project practical completion: October 2017
- Better integrated service delivery which addresses key Future Ready components and the student experience
- Increased student satisfaction with the implementation of clear signage and an intuitive layout of the services provided
- Better efficiencies to be achieved utilising available floor space
- Fit for purpose workspace
- Improved layout with Library frontage now activated by ASK La Trobe service and Social Space areas
- The Social Space breakout area will be directly connected to the Writer's Block Cafe
- Direct path of traffic from the new entry point to the Main Stairs and the remainder of the Library
- Provide diverse and student/staff friendly seating options
- Promote clear way finding
- Improve lighting and acoustics
La Trobe University
Infrastructure & Operations Group
Lucid Consulting Australia
Wilde & Woollard
Keith Long & Associates
For more information contact the Project Manager:
T: 03 9479 2766
M: 0432 081 620