Director, Fast Track Projects
- recognizing, managing and mitigating the cost, time, reputational and other risks to the University that may result from the fast track delivery of major capital construction projects
- design and implementation of a new approach to University fast track project procurement that will support the accelerated delivery of capital works necessary to meet the aspirations of the its Strategic Plan
- design and implementation of updated governance and approval processes and structures that will properly manage the University’s financial, commercial, program and reputational exposures within a fast track project delivery environment
- leading and directing a team comprising both internal and external personnel to manage the routine activities associated with accelerated project delivery
- I&O Project Management Office (PMO) execution, delivery and management for all fast tracked and large-scale projects including refurbishments
- Procurement of capital works including, contractor and consultant engagement as required to support the fast track delivery model
- collaboration across I&O functional groups to communicate and clarify client needs, maintenance risks/obligations and priorities
- communication regarding the potential impacts and outcomes associated with the fast track project works to key stakeholders as well as to the broader internal and external community
- Strong technical understanding of construction methodology and the underlying principles of structure and materials
- Experienced in commercial and contractual negotiations and also those associated with the sale, purchase and lease of real estate.
Richard Lindner holds a Bachelor of Building from the University of Melbourne with majors in both Construction and Quantity Surveying.
Following completion of tertiary studies, he was employed in project management roles with major Melbourne based construction companies where he developed skills in the planning, design, procurement and delivery of construction and property projects. These skills provided a founding in client focussed Construction, Property and Project Management, which he delivered both as an external Project Management consultant, and as an internal client Project Director.
At La Trobe University, he leads a team of internal and external project management and delivery specialists responsible for the scoping, briefing, design, procurement and delivery of teaching, research, student amenity and administration projects with an annual portfolio budget exceeding $50million.