Register and enrol


Upon arrival, you need to register your arrival at La Trobe University at our dedicated international student check-in desk. Refer to the following table for check-in dates, time and location at your campus.

Campus Check-in Time International Check-in Dates Check-in Venue
City Campus 10:00pm - 4:00pm1         10-14 July 2017          City Campus Reception 
Melbourne Campus10:00am - 4:00pm         10-12 July 2017           West Lecture Theatre
Albury-Wodonga CampusBy appointment2        17-19 July 2017          Room 4237
Bendigo Campus10:00am - 3:00pm         13 July 2017        Level 2, Education Building
Mildura Campus 10:00am - 4:00pm         18 July 2017          Room 103, NEA
Shepparton Campus By appointment2          By appointment2           TBA

1Students studying at the City Campus are expected to be on campus all day on 19 July 2017 from 9:30am for International student orientation.​

2Students studying at Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga Campuses will be contacted by International Student Services Coordinator for details on Check-in when it's close to the date. For more information, email

Please ensure you bring your passport, visa and offer letter with you. You may need to check-in at different dates from above if your course starts early. Details of your course commencement date and check-in date can be found on your offer letter. Refer to the campus maps for directions to the venue.

Please note: original passport must be sighted at Check-in.


Enrolment is when you formally register in your course. When you enrol in your subjects, you will have the opportunity to discuss your subject selection with course advisors.

To find out more about the enrolment process, refer to the Enrolment and Orientation Guide for new international student.

The guide also contains information on:

  • How do I apply for Advanced Standing (Credit) for previous study?
  • What if I need more information about my course?
  • Can I change my course?
  • What if I am going to arrive after enrolment?
  • What if I enrol then change my mind about studying?
  • How do I change my university/institution?
  • What if my first language is not English?
  • Am I a Study Abroad or exchange student?
  • Am I a sponsored student?
  • How will I receive U.S. Financial Aid funds?

After you have completed your enrolment your La Trobe Card (student identification card) is created. The La Trobe Card is a smartcard i.e. you can store data on it, borrow from the library, pay for photocopying, or purchase a parking ticket.