- Staff and students are covered under the University's travel insurance for travel within Australia while they are travelling with the knowledge and consent of the University for University business.
- Graduate Research Candidates planning to travel within Australia should download and submit the Outside Research Application and Student Travel Form [DOC 587KB].
- For Graduate Research Candidates, go to La Trobe Graduate Research School Forms and Resources and click on Outside Research Application and Student Travel Form.
- Apply for a Short Overseas Program
- Students who wish to travel for a semester or year overseas go to Semester Exchange and follow the instructions which include completing Outbound exchange pre-departure documents
- Should the above options not be applicable, students (postgraduate or undergraduate) may complete the Student Travel Form and return to the Insurance Office. These students include external candidates and students on placements
- Where the DFAT travel advisory is level 3 or 4 please complete a Travel Risk Assessment [DOC 88KB] and return to the Insurance Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel Advisory Levels explained
- Students are covered under the LTU Corporate Travel Insurance Policy as explained under Eligibility for University Insurance.
- Travel insurance policy summary (Undergraduate overseas trips only) [PDF 311KB]
- Travel insurance policy summary (all other domestic and international travel) [PDF 373KB]
- Staff travel information is available on the Intranet Staff Travel.
- Emergency assistance overseas
- Eligibility for University Insurance
- Make a claim
- Renting vehicles
- Taking University equipment off-campus or overseas
- Travel between campuses