Student personal accident insurance
All full and part time students and post graduate students of La Trobe University are insured while on official University activities.
The insurance's scope and compensation benefits payable are limited. The insurance is not arranged with a private health fund and does not cover Medicare related expenses or the 'Medicare gap'. We recommend that students have their own Ambulance and Private Health Insurance.
The insurance provided under this policy shall only apply in any of the following circumstances:
- while on campus
- engaged in University club related activities
- engaged in University practical placement, community placement, voluntary work or unpaid workplacement undertaken with the knowledge and consent of the University
- direct travel to and from activities listed above within Australia.
Should you wish to submit a claim, please complete the form via the link below and send to the Insurance Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal accident and sickness claim form (PDF 720KB)
- Group Personal Accident & Sickness policy wording (PDF 410KB)
- Group Personal Accident & Sickness Policy Schedule (PDF 4MB)
To obtain this information in an alternate format please contact the Insurance Office. Email: email@example.com or phone 61 3 9479 2801.