Field trip and excursion insurance

Postgraduate and undergraduate students are automatically insured for public liability and professional indemnity insurance while on outside placement, field work or other work undertaken off-campus within the country in which they are currently living in connection with a course or approved research work, undertaken with the knowledge and consent of the university, including travel to and from such outside locations and any travel undertaken in connection with the work in such off-campus activities, other than normal commuting.

What's not covered?

No cover applies for:

  • luggage
  • personal effects
  • travel documents
  • credit cards
  • jewellery
  • watches
  • photographic equipment and other valuable or attractive items
  • computers
  • electronic equipment
  • mobile phones
  • money