Overseas travel procedures
- Staff must apply for travel using the Staff Online system.
- Further travel information and procedures are available on the Staff Intranet Travel website [Staff only access].
- Check if there are any Travel Warnings applicable to the country/cities they intend to visit.
- Staff would not normally be given permission to travel to any area where:
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) recommends you "reconsider your need to travel" or "do not travel " or
- where "Citybrief" rate a city as High or Extreme.
- If this applies to the country of intended travel, justification of why the trip is considered to be essential must be attached to the application form.
- Refer to Travelling to Risky Countries
- Staff will also be required to undertake a Travel Risk Assessment (DOC 88KB) to ensure risks associated with their trip are fully understood.
The University's travel insurance policy does NOT cover family members or spouses accompanying a staff member on a trip. Separate insurance must be taken for this cover.
Travel insurance can be quoted/purchased (from an authorised insurer) online.