2017 Win your CGI animation & Ballet tickets promotion
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (‘La Trobe’) is conducting a competition called the ‘2017 Create Your Double & Win Ballet Tickets promotion’ (‘Competition’).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9am (AEST) on Wednesday 2 Aug 2017 and closes at 5.00pm (AEST) on Monday 28 August 2017 (‘Competition Period’). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. La Trobe reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at its sole discretion.
- The Competition is open to Australian Residents and who satisfy the eligibility criteria outlined in clause 5 of these Terms during the Promotional Period (‘Entrants’). Employees and their immediate families of La Trobe and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, persons who are students currently enrolled, or previously enrolled to study in a course provided by La Trobe and are not employed by La Trobe, will be eligible to enter the Competition. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must first complete the online registration process provided on La Trobe’s website – latrobe.edu.au/ballet. Entrants must provide: Full name, email, phone, age group, indicate level of interest in undertaking further tertiary study and successfully answer within 30 words or less the competition question:
‘What activity would you like to be filmed doing to create your CGI animation?’
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- Entrants may enter the Competition a maximum of two (2) entries per person is permitted. Only Entrants who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms are eligible to win.
- Any entries deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
(a) all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
(b) the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
(c) their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
- Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts), in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
- La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select the top three (3) entries based on the most creative responses (‘Prize Winners’) refer to Clause 13 (a) v. This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
- La Trobe will select up to three (3) Prize Winners to win a prize.
- The prizes will consist of:
First Entrant judged:
(a) One (1) maximum 3hrs session for the Prize Winner and one guest of the Prize Winner to create their individual motion animation, including the following:
- To be conducted at La Trobe University’s Gait Laboratory, Basement, Health Sciences 3 (HS3) building, Bundoora, VIC, 3086 or at another suitable location as nominated by La Trobe.
- Each participant to have marker sensors applied upon their body by representatives of La Trobe to allow the motion capture cameras to track and measure their biomechanical movement. For the best accurate result the Entrant and their guest participating will be required to wear tight fitting clothing equivalent to underwear, bathers and / or exercise gear.
- To receive a digital movie file of each person’s Computer Generated Image (CGI) animation on a USB memory drive in a format deemed suitable by La Trobe, which may include an AVI file.
- The CGI animation may be created for any activity that can be undertaken safely and practicality in La Trobe’s Gait Laboratory facilities including but not limited to; dancing, running, walking, kicking a football, boxing, golf swing, using a cricket bat, baseball or basketball. Activity to be approved by La Trobe at time of booking.
- La Trobe provides the Major Prize Winner and their guest with a licence to use the imagery and supporting information created by their participation in La Trobe’s Gait Laboratory for personal use only. The Major Prize Winner will not be permitted to use any component of the Major Prize for any commercial benefit without first notifying La Trobe in writing and being provided with La Trobe’s written permission to use on any terms and conditions as it deems appropriate to La Trobe.
- To be undertaken at La Trobe’s Gait Laboratory facilitiesat a date and time prior to 15 December 2017, mutually agreed with the participant and availability of La Trobe’s facilities. Failure to redeem the Major Prize prior to 15 December 2017 will forfeit the Prize Winner’s rights to receive any component of the Major Prize detailed at Clause 13(i) a to e.
(b) Two (2) adult A Reserve tickets to attend one (1) performance of The Australian Ballet’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, 12 to 30 September 2017 – State Theatre, Arts Centre Melbourne, VIC 3000. The standard terms of the performance tickets will apply. Date and Time of performance to attend will be allocated as per Clause 13 (e) to (f).
Second Entrant judged:
(c) Two (2) adult A Reserve tickets to attend one (1) performance of The Australian Ballet’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, 12 to 30 September 2017 – State Theatre, Arts Centre Melbourne, VIC 3000. The standard terms of the performance tickets will apply. Date and Time of performance to attend will be allocated as per Clause 13 (e) to (f).
Third Entrant judged:
(d) Two (2) adult A Reserve tickets to attend one (1) performance of The Australian Ballet’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, 12 to 30 September 2017 – State Theatre, Arts Centre Melbourne. The standard terms of the performance tickets will apply. Date and Time of performance to attend will be allocated as per Clause 13 (e) to (f).
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Performance Dates & Allocation:
(e) The tickets for Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland will be for performances conducted at the State Theatre, Arts Centre Melbourne, St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, VIC 3000 on one of the following three (3) performance dates and times:
- Two (2) tickets - Friday 15 September 2017 – 7.30pm (AEST) valued at $225 each (Incl GST)
- Two (2) tickets - Friday 22 September 2017 – 6.30pm (AEST) valued at $225 each (Incl GST)
- Two (2) tickets - Friday 29 September 2017 – 7.30pm (AEST) valued at $225 each (Incl GST)
(f) The Major Prize winner will have first (1st) selection of preferred date to attend, the second Minor Prize winner will have second (2nd) selection of preferred date and the third Minor Prize winner will be allocated the remaining performance date for Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
- The Major and Minor Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winners will be notified by phone and / or email by no later than 5pm AEST Friday 1 September 2017. Prize Winners will also be published on La Trobe’s website.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding judging the Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner on which the entry is submitted on the La Trobe webpage – latrobe.edu.au/ballet.
- Any additional costs incurred whereby the Prize Winner wishes to make variations to the prize are the Prize Winner’s responsibility and must be arranged separately by the Prize Winner. Any travel and accommodation expenses associated with undertaking all or a portion of the Major or Minor Prizes will be the Prize Winner’s responsibility.
- The total retail value of the Major Prize is approximately $5,450.00 (AUD) Incl GST. The total retail value of the Minor Prizes are $900.00(AUD) Incl GST. Any change in the value of the Prizes between the publishing date and the date the Prize/s are claimed will not be the responsibility of La Trobe.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry for the purposes of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each entrant releases Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the State of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the Terms and Conditions of this Competition.