Registration terms and conditions
La Trobe Accelerator Program Application Terms
La Trobe University (La Trobe) is accepting applications for its La Trobe Accelerator Program (Accelerator).The following terms apply to applications for participation in the Accelerator. By submitting your application, you agree to be bound by and comply with these terms (Terms).
1. Accelerator applications are open to staff and students of La Trobe and to any Australian residents who are 18 years or older.
2. La Trobe staff applicants must obtain approval from their manager prior to submitting their application.
3. La Trobe student applicants must continue to meet the requirements of their course of study (including any conditions of candidature, scholarship or visa requirements) and, if selected, agree to make all necessary arrangements for participation in the Accelerator in consultation with their course supervisor.
4. All applications must comply with these Terms together with the instructions and criteria advertised on the Accelerator website.
5. To apply, you must register and submit your application during the application period and in the manner set out on the Accelerator website
6. By submitting your application, you warrant that:
- all details provided with their application are true and accurate
- you have the right to submit this application and have obtained any necessary consent from any person referenced or appearing in the application; and
- the application, and La Trobe’s use of the application or conduct of the Accelerator, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
7. Each applicant grants to La Trobe (and any person authorised by La Trobe) a non-exclusive royalty-free licence to use any information contained in their application for the purposes of selection and administration of the Accelerator.
8. La Trobe will assess applications individually, in its absolute discretion, taking into account the criteria advertised on the Accelerator website, and any decision of La Trobe regarding selection is final.
9. La Trobe will notify you using the details in your application and reserves the right to verify the identity of any applicant. La Trobe reserves the right to reject any applicant notwithstanding notification of selection, including (but not limited to) any applicant who cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts, withdraws an application or in La Trobe’s reasonable opinion is no longer able to proceed with, or meet any requirements for, participation in the Accelerator.
10. You understand and agree that, if selected, La Trobe may require you to enter into a separate contract for the purposes of participation in the Accelerator on terms acceptable to La Trobe, prior to commencing your participation.
11. If any event prevents or hinders the Accelerator or your participation in the Accelerator, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Accelerator or your participation in the Accelerator.
12. La Trobe University respects the privacy of personal information. Information collected in this form will be used in accordance with the University’s privacy policies, for purposes related to your application and the La Trobe Accelerator Program, including for the University’s research, reporting and promotional purposes. A copy of the University’s privacy policies are available at: www.latrobe.edu.au/policies or upon request. For further information, contact the Accelerator team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or the University’s privacy officer at email@example.com.
13. La Trobe does not accept responsibility for any invalid, lost or delayed applications, for any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information submitted by you, for your failure to comply with these Terms or any requirements of the Accelerator, or for any cancellation, modification or delay of the Accelerator.
14. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.