Launch your start-up
La Trobe Accelerator Program provides students, researchers, alumni and Victorian communities the opportunity to accelerator the development of their startup.
This program accelerates the development of startups over a 12-week period providing support, resources, funding, mentorship and connections to communities in Victoria. The La Trobe Accelerator program will accept up to 6 start-ups this year.
Our incubation structure is unique:
- We select the top founders across all La Trobe campuses, and anyone who has previously associated with La Trobe
- We take no equity in exchange for seed funding. We have a $50,000 non-equity seed fund (we don’t take a share of your business) (First prize $20,000, second and third prize $10,000 4th to 6th place $5,000)
- We may invest at the end of the incubation cycle
- We have a strong program of investor preparation and can introduce you to venture capital firms. Start-ups meet investors twice in their incubation period.
- Start-ups benefit from: Workshops, Coaching, Entrepreneur in residence, Mentoring, Office resources, Intellectual Property and related advice, Business advice from our Program Partners
The La Trobe Accelerator program concludes with a Graduation gala, an exciting platform for our start-ups to gain recognition and potentially secure further investment at the end of the incubation period. The six start-ups will pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 150 investors.
Successful start-up teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their startup over the incubation period
- Work at our dedicated co-working spaces on campuses
- Utilise the mentoring and coaching available through the program
- Attend workshops and regular events
Your application should outline:
- The problem you are solving and your solution
- The market, competitors, market size Australia and world wide
- Your progress to date
- Your team
- How you will go-to-market and what you will achieve in the 3 month incubation period
Successful applicants will be invited to a Pre-Accelerator Program which includes workshops (3-day intensive) and pop-in coaching sessions.
Teams will be invited to a pitch evening/interview with the La Trobe Accelerator Selection Board (5-min pitch and 10-min Q&A).
Teams will be selected based on the results of the pitch and interview to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator program. The on boarding process will progress over this time-period.
The La Trobe Accelerator program begins with a presentation day of all teams to mentors.