Launch your start-up
Our Summer Program will be run across multiple campuses. Start-ups from regional Victoria are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications close Sunday 29th October, 11:59pm AEST.
The La Trobe Accelerator Program provides students, researchers, alumni and Victorian communities the opportunity to accelerator the development of their start-up.
This program accelerates the development of startups over a 12-week period providing support, resources, funding, mentorship and connections to communities in Victoria. The La Trobe Accelerator Program will accept up to 12 start-ups in our Summer Cohort.
Our program structure is unique:
- We select the top founders across all La Trobe campuses, and anyone who has previously associated with La Trobe
- We take no equity in exchange for seed funding. We have a $100,000 non-equity seed fund (we don’t take a share of your business)
- Start-up teams can receive up to $20,000 to use while participating in the program
- We may invest at the end of the program period
- We have a strong program of investor preparation and can introduce you to venture capital firms
- Start-ups meet investors twice in their incubation period
- Start-ups benefit from: Workshops, Coaching, Mentoring, Office resources, Intellectual Property and related advice, Business advice from our Program Partners
The La Trobe Accelerator Program concludes with a Graduation Gala, an exciting platform for our start-ups to gain recognition and potentially secure further investment at the end of the incubation period. The start-ups will pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 150 stakeholders, including investors.
Successful start-up teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their startup over the incubation period
- Work at our dedicated co-working spaces on campuses
- Utilise the mentoring and coaching available through the program
- Attend workshops and regular events
Applications will close Sunday 29th October, 11:59pm AEST.
Your application should outline:
- The campus you are most closely associated with and will work from
- The problem you are solving and your solution
- The market, competitors, market size Australia and world wide
- Your progress to date
- Your team
- How you will go-to-market and what you will achieve in the 3-month program period
LTAP Primer will run from 23rd November 2017 - 30th November 2017
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in LTAP Primer, a pre-accelerator program which includes workshops (3-day intensive) and pop-in coaching sessions.
30th November 2017
Teams will be invited to a pitch evening/interview with the La Trobe Accelerator Selection Board (5-min pitch and 10-min Q&A). Teams will be selected based on the results of the pitch and interview to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program.
30th November 2017 - 4th December 2017
The on-boarding process to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program will occur over this time-period.
5th December 2017
The La Trobe Accelerator Program begins with a presentation day of all teams to mentors.