If you have a disability, we encourage you to view the following resources to assist in your job search and with gaining experience:
- GradConnection offers graduate jobs and programs. The website can be searched for employers who offer programs to students with a disability.
- Disclosure: It’s a personal decision provides information about options and pathways people with disabilities can use in disclosing their disability in post-secondary education and employment
- Careers for Graduates with disability is an information resource available on the Graduate Careers website. It provides advice on entering, staying and succeeding in the workforce.
- Education to Employment and the Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET) provides a range of practical resources to assist graduates make a successful transition from education to employment. Under Employment on the ADCET website, information is also included on government funded employment services and programs.
- Australian Network on Disability is an organisation that aims to advance the inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of business. The organisation also offers Stepping Into, a paid internship program designed specifically for university students with disability.
- Peak bodies for specific disabilities offer a range of advice and support services. View a list of these websites and consult them for information.
- The Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC) is located on the Melbourne campus and provides practical information for students with autism in their university journey.
La Trobe University services
Staff located in the on-campus Disability Support Service are able to assist you in assessing your needs. They can provide support to ensure you can participate fully to the best of your ability.