Urban Sociology and Community Studies
Urban Sociology and Community Studies includes research into sustainable development in Australia, social network and stratification, the historical sociology of Australian families, labourism and community focused conservation.
Faculty Research Focus
- Australian communities
- Sociology of culture
- Social stratification and inquality
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Australian communities - Dr Anthony Moran
- Historical sociology of Australian families - Dr Kerreen Reiger
- Regional Development - Dr Julie Rudner
- Social networks, social capital, and social wellbeing - Dr Xianbi Huang
- Social stratification and inequality - Dr Xianbi Huang
- Social theory - Dr Trevor Hogan
- Sociology of culture - Dr Anthony Moran
- Sociology of Culture - Dr Sara James