Social policy and the welfare state, mental health policy and practice and human services.
Faculty Research Focus
- Social policy and the welfare state
- Mental health policy
- Management in the human services
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Professor Jeni Warburton
- Alcohol and drug use; health services research and evaluation; qualitative methods - Dr Sarah MacLean
- deinstitutionalisation, social inclusion - Professor Christine Bigby
- Engaging parents and carers in research exploring reading difficulty - Dr Tanya Serry
- Environmental and social safeguards, transnational social policy - Dr Brooke Wilmsen
- Health professions and childbearing - Dr Kerreen Reiger
- Higher education, student experience, student equity - Dr Ryan Naylor
- Maternity service provision - Dr Kerreen Reiger
- Mental health policy and practice - Dr Anne-Maree Sawyer
- Social, Political and Economic Impacts of Population Ageing and International Population Movements - Professor Allan Borowski