Philosophy of the Mind
Projects in the mind, logic and language area include Language and representation, Theory of reference, Metaethics, Systems of relevant logic, Paradox, entailment and negation, Entailment and meaning-containment, Conditionals, inferences and explanations.
Faculty Research Focus
- Philosophical psychology & personal identity
- Philosophical logic
- Cognitive science
- Belief Singular Versus Beliefs Plural
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Contemporary European philosophy - Dr Philipa Rothfield
- Epistemology - Mr Tim Oakley
- Ethics - Mr Tim Oakley
- Professor Frank Jackson
- Greek and European Philosophy - Dr George Vassilacopoulos
- Inductive argument - Mr Tim Oakley
- intentionality and mental representation, extended cognition, embodied cognition, memory, computational approaches to cognition, cognitive science - Robert Wilson
- Perennial philosophy - Dr Harry Oldmeadow
- Philosophical Methodology - Professor Frank Jackson
- Philosophy of mind - Mr Tim Oakley
- Philosophy of Mind and Language - Professor Frank Jackson