Includes research in the field of popular culture and the media, the history of radio, the media and the constitution of national communities and history and commemoration in the media.
Faculty Research Focus
- Media art aesthetics,
- Media audience research
- The media and the constitution of national communities
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Cultural Studies - Professor Lawrie Zion
- Evaluating user interaction - Dr Alyx Macfadyen
- Journalism education - Professor Lawrie Zion
- Popular culture and the media - Mr John Benson
- The media in southeast Asia, Muslim women and the media - Dr Nasya Bahfen
- Trans media narrative - Dr Alyx Macfadyen
- Visual media and tragedy - Dr Wendy Bowler