Law and Society
Indigenous and cross-cultural issues and perspectives, gender, crime and law, socio-legal history and crime and the law and popular culture.
Faculty Research Focus
- socio-legal history
- sexuality and the law
- Crime, law and culture
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Mr Marc Trabsky
- Dr Kerstin Steiner
- Access to Justice and Courtroom Design - Dr Kirsty Duncanson
- Collective memory and the law - Dr Nicola Henry
- Cultural analysis of representations of crime and punishment - Dr Sue Davies
- Digital abuse and violence - Dr Nicola Henry
- Especially issues relating to criminal trials, jury directions, and access to justice. - Dr Emma Henderson
- Feminist Legal Theory, Legal History, Fatherhood, Gender - Ms Hannah Robert
- Judicial Reform and Rule of Law Issues - Dr Raul Sanchez Urribarri
- Mental health and law, disability and law - Dr Fleur Beaupert
- Sexual violence and harrassment - Dr Nicola Henry
- Sexuality, Crime and Law - Dr Sue Davies
- Socio-legal history - Dr Sue Davies
- Trauma, identity and law - Dr Nicola Henry