Research focussing on the landscape including expectations of nature and how we collectively and individually project them back upon the landscape and the self, visual analogy and the engineered world, expressed in a metaphorical landscape format.
Faculty Research Focus
- landscape and expectations of nature
- Experience of nature and its visualisation in art
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Dr Ry
- Contemporary visual arts practice - Mr Elliot Howard
- How science and art can operate together to deepen our cultural understandings,or misunderstandings. - Mr Stephen Turpie
- Installations - Mr Stephen Turpie
- Painting - Mr Stephen Turpie
- Sculpture - Mr Stephen Turpie
- Spatial practice found in recent art, design and research architecture - Mr Elliot Howard
- The evaluation of contemporary artworks using Polti and Freytag - Dr Alyx Macfadyen