Communication Technology and Digital Media Studies
Research into convergence and media information technology, telecommunications and its relationship to citizenship and the social and industrial implications of new media.
Faculty Research Focus
The academic staff has ongoing research interests in:
- Convergence of media information technology and telecommunications
- Social and industrial implications of new media
- Multimedia, media information technology
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- communication for development, media development, community media, ICTs - Ms Tait Brimacombe
- Digital screen production and web series - Dr Steinar Ellingsen
- Documentary Theory and Production - Dr Mary Debrett
- Evaluating user engagement in dynamic narratives - Dr Alyx Macfadyen
- Impact of user agency in narrative - Dr Alyx Macfadyen
- Media policy; Media and Climate Change - Dr Mary Debrett
- Public Service Media; Citizenship; Trust Studies - Dr Mary Debrett