Research projects include studies into the Chinese diaspora in Australia, their linkages throughout the region and their contribution to Australian society , pre-modern societies and culture in Asia and the construction of national identity and post-colonial studies.
Faculty Research Focus
- Post-war Japanese society
- Chinese Dispaora
- Contemporary Chinese history and society
- The transnational history of the Chinese Nationalist Party
- The languages of Minahasa: description, documentation, and support
- Unlocking Australia's Chinese archive: the political organisation and social experience of the Chinese Australian community, 1909-1939
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.