Interpretations of the natural work and the interrelationship as represented in visual culture, women’s cultural production and landscape theory. Modernist and Post-modernist theory.
Faculty Research Focus
- The development of Modernism
- Gender and social history and art
- Landscape Theory
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Dr Ry
- Contemporary art - Dr Jacqueline Millner
- Ecology, performance, interactivity, collaboration, process philosophy and art, art and science, new media - Andrew Goodman
- Female patronage networks in early modern Italy and Europe - Dr Adelina Modesti
- Landscape theory - Dr Lisa Beaven
- Photography and Contemporary Society - Dr Kristian Häggblom
- Social semiotics - Dr Carolyn D'Cruz
- The relationship between contemporary art theory and practice - Mr Elliot Howard