Archaeology of Australia
Including Indigenous archaeology, palaeoecology and archaeobotany. Australia middle class urban and suburban archaeology
Faculty Research Focus
- Australian Aboriginal archaeology
- Australia's middle class, urban and suburban archaeology
- Historical and industrial archaeology
- Suburban archaeology: approaching an archaeology of the middle class in 19th century Melbourne.
- Cultural landscapes of colonial water management in Victoria's Central Highlands.
- Archaeology of Modern City.
- Hyde Park Barracks.
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Australian Aboriginal archaeology - Professor David Frankel
- cultural heritage management - Dr Shaun Canning
- Experimental archaeology - Dr Jillian Garvey
- Human behavioural ecology - Dr Richard Cosgrove
- Landscape archaeology - Dr Jillian Garvey
- Palaeolithic archaeology - Dr Nicola Stern
- Rock art - Dr Richard Cosgrove