Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Languages
Australian or Austronesian languages, reconstructing language and language endangerment.
Faculty Research Focus
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages
- Aboriginal communities and language
- Policy of assimilation and Aboriginal languages
- Meeting point: integrating Aboriginal and linguistics knowledge systems for description.
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Language revitalisation - Dr Tonya Stebbins