Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander History
A wide variety of projects concerning Indigenous Australian history with research in local and community history, Victorian Aboriginal history and the development of Indigenous societies in both pre-colonial, colonial and post-colonial contexts.
Faculty Research Focus
- Local and community history
- Victorian Aboriginal history Australian
- Aboriginal archaeology
- Meeting point: integrating Aboriginal and linguistics knowledge systems for description of contemporary revival languages in Australia
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Professor David Tacey
- Dr Jennifer Jones
- Aboriginal Australia - Dr Julie Andrews
- Aboriginal history - Emeritus Richard Broome
- Australian Indigenous histories in the nineteenth and twentieth century - Dr Sianan Healy
- Comparative and transnational Indigenous history - Dr Sianan Healy
- Indigenous Australia - Dr John Morton