BA (Hons-Melbourne), Dip Ed (Melbourne), MA (Birmingham), PhD (Southampton).
Area of study
Theatre and Drama
Rob Conkie’s teaching and research incorporates practical and theoretical approaches to Shakespeare in performance.
Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies
- Early modern theatre and drama
- Shakespeare in performance
- DRA2/3SIP - Shakespeare in Performance.
- DRA2/3AUD - Australian Drama.
- DRA1TKP - Theatre Knowledge and Practices.
- DRA1PBP - Process-based Performance.
- 2016 ‘Shakespeare on stage since the late seventeenth century: Australia and New Zealand’, in The Shakespearean World, Routledge, edited by Jill L. Levenson and Robert Ormsby, forthcoming (Book chapter)
- 2016 ‘Strange Invisible Shakespeare’, in The Oxford Handbook of Shakespeare and Performance, Oxford University Press, edited by James C. Bulman, contracted and forthcoming (Book chapter)
- 2015 Writing Performative Shakespeares: New Forms for Performance Criticism, Cambridge University Press, contracted and forthcoming (Book)
- 2014 ‘Holofernes, Peregrine and I: Australian Campus Shakespeare’, in Shakespeare and the Campus Stage, edited by Andrew Hartley, Cambridge University Press, contracted forthcoming (Book chapter)
- 2013 ‘Shakespeare’s Theatrical Affect’, workshop productions and seminar as part of ARC Centre of Excellence for the History of Emotions (Theatre workshop and performance)
- 2012 ‘Remember Me’, Australian Studies, Vol 4, http://www.nla.gov.au/openpublish/index.php/australian-studies (Journal article)
- 2012 ‘Rehearsal: The Pleasures of the Flesh’, in Rehearsing Shakespeare: Alternative Strategies in Process and Performance, Special Issue of Shakespeare Bulletin, 30.4, 411-430 (Journal article)
- 2012 ‘Entrances and Exits’, in Shakespeare and the Making of Theatre, edited by Bridget Escolme and Stuart Hampton-Reeves, Palgrave, 32-49 (Book chapter)
- 2012 ‘Surveying Survey’, in Cahiers Élisabéthains 40th Anniversary Special Issue 2012, 37-44 (Journal article)
- 2012 Henry IV, Part 1, Tour: La Trobe University, New Fortune Theatre, UWA, 45Downstairs, Melbourne. Director. Green Room Nominations: Best Production; Best Director; Best Male Performer (Tom Considine). (Theatre production)
- 2011 ‘Red Button Shakespeare’, in Shakespeare Closely Read: A Collection of Essays, edited by Frank Occhiogrosso, Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 117-46 (Book chapter; reprint)
- 2009 ‘Shakespeare Aftershocks: Shylock’, Shakespeare Bulletin, 27.4, 549-66 (Journal article)
- 2009 ‘Red Button Shakespeare’, Shakespeare Survey 62, 123-40 (Journal article)
- 2008 ‘Constructing Femininity in the New Globe’s All-Male Antony and Cleopatra’, in Shakespeare Re-Dressed: Cross-Gender Casting in Contemporary Performance, edited by James C. Bulman, Associated University Presses, 189-209 (Book chapter)
- 2008 ‘A gentle conference, soft and affable: The British Shakespeare Association Conference, 2007’, Shakespeare, 4.1, 82-94 (Journal article)
- 2008 Radio, by Al Smith. The Point, Eastleigh, The Junction, Cambridge, Performance Gym, Winchester. Director (Theatre production)
- 2007 ‘Sudokothellophobia: Writing Hypertextually, Performatively’, Shakespeare Survey 60, 154-69 (Journal article)
- 2006 The Globe Theatre Project: Shakespeare and Authenticity, Edwin Mellen Press (Book)
- 2004 ‘Democratising Shakespeare’, Studies in Theatre and Performance, 23.3, 179-90 (Journal article)
- 2004 Othellophobia, Explosive Acts. Tour: Basingstoke, Bracknell, Eastleigh, Winchester, Bath Shakespeare Festival, Oxford, London. Director (Theatre production)
- Writing Performative Shakespeares
- An Australian Original Practices Shakespeare