Call for papers and panels
We invite proposals for panels, individual papers and posters. Participants are strongly encouraged to submit 'panel' proposals, as the conference will be organised with substantially more panel sessions than sessions of individual papers.
All proposals (panel, individual paper and poster), other than the invited keynote speakers, will be refereed by the JSAA stream convenors. Your indicated disciplinary area and key words will be used to select appropriate reviewers.
We particularly welcome submissions from postgraduate students at any stage of their studies engaged in original research related to Japanese studies. We hope to attract a broad-range of submissions focused on themes that are currently of greatest interest to graduate students. The JSAA 2015 Graduate Committee will review the abstracts, select presenters and organise sessions by theme. In order to aid this process of thematic organisation, we ask that you please include at least two keywords summarising your presentation. Selected authors will present their work as part of a panel at the conference. There are scholarships available. More information will be available at a later date.
Following the 9 March 2015 abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be reviewed by 23 March and notifications will be sent out to applicants.
There will be three categories of response: 'Accepted', 'Declined' or 'Re-Write'. If a 'Re-Write' is required, applicants will receive an email which includes some dot points of areas that need review, before the re-submission deadline.
- Submission Guidelines [DOC 31KB]
- Submission Guidelines in Japanese [DOC 20KB]
- Guidelines Abstracts Formatting [DOC 16KB]
- Guidelines Abstracts Formatting in Japanese [DOC 18KB]
- Individual Paper Abstract Template [DOC 546KB]
- Individual Paper Abstract Template in Japanese [DOC 548KB]
- Panel Abstract Template [DOC 547KB]
- Panel Abstract Template in Japanese [DOC 564KB]
- Poster Abstract Template [DOC 547KB]
- Poster Abstract Template in Japanese [DOC 547KB]