Twitter: An introduction for Researchers
Why Twitter is an important part of the research cycle
- Monday 26 May 2014 01:00 pm until Monday 26 May 2014 02:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kate Freedman
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Library
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Postgraduate; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Have you ever wondered what the little blue bird may be able to do for you? Researchers are using Twitter more and more and, with some research centres making a Twitter account mandatory, now is the time to start your journey.
The Library is running two short classes which will:
- Introduce twitter and how to set up an account and send your first tweet
- Debunk some of the myths about Twitter
- Explain why using Twitter as part of the research cycle is important
- Show you how to use Twitter to increase your citation counts and h-index.
Collaborative Classroom 1.21, Library
La Trobe University, Bundoora