In conversation with Denis Chapman and George Lianos
Artists Denis Chapman and George Lianos, currently exhibiting at the LAI Bendigo, talk to the gallery's curators.
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 05:30 pm until Wednesday 24 May 2017 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Art Institute
(03) 5444 7272; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- Denis Chapman and George Lianos
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Public
Join local artists Denis Chapman and George Lianos as they discuss their current exhibitions with La Trobe Art Institute Senior Curator, Dr Kent Wilson.
Enjoy a complimentary drink before viewing our three current exhibitions Think and Feel: Abstract Art in the FM Courtis Collection; In Memoriam: Denis Chapman and Geometric Beings: George Lianos.
Chapman’s exhibition, In Memoriam, examines three specific acts of gun related violence in contemporary American society. Using every-day objects, the artist seeks to honour the memory of those who died and at the same time acknowledge the courageous acts of both the victims and survivors.
Lianos is interested in the way his large angular steel structures can create perceptions of embodied energy, movement and dynamic balance. His exhibition, Geometric Beings, occupies both courtyards at the La Trobe Art Institute, 121 View Street, Bendigo.
This event is FREE but tickets are limited and booking is recommended.
In Memoriam and Geometric Beings are on show at La Trobe Art Institute, 121 View Street, Bendigo from 9 May to 18 June 2017.
Image Credit: Denis Chapman, Elementary (2016) (detail), knitted animals, dimensions variable, © Courtesy of the artist
La Trobe Art Institute
121 View Street, Bendigo
Other events by type
- Graduate Researcher Careers Month
1st May 2017 9:00am
- Religious influences on behavioural and brain response to mortality threats
31st May 2017 12:30pm
- Apply Direct Advisory Evening
31st May 2017 4:30pm
- What’s on a Façade? Affective Architecture and Memories of a Bendigonian Chinese Herbalist, James Lam Say, 1887-2017.
31st May 2017 2:30pm
- Closing the Gap in Higher Education
2nd Jun 2017 9:00am