HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A Short Course for Midwives - August
Courses in post test counselling are run by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) several times throughout the year.
- Monday 28 August 2017 08:00 am until Monday 28 August 2017 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
9479 8715; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- Mercy Hospital For Women and ARCSHS
- Type of Event:
- $200 per person
The Mercy Hospital For Women in partnership with the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society at Latrobe University invite all Victorian midwives to attend this professional development opportunity.
This new short course consists of a pre learning component and a one day intensive. The pre learning component consists of a reading package, video content and reflective practice activities. The one day training is highly interactive and involves guest speakers from a range of disciplines.
Pre learning package, all course materials and lunch provided.
2017 course dates
- Monday 28 August 2017
Jen Johnson, BBV Program coordinator, ARCSHS, La Trobe University, email@example.com telephone 9479 8715.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre and post test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Consolidate their understanding of the management of HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C in antenatal care, optimum birth modes and recommendations for breastfeeding
- Refresh their knowledge of obstetric guidelines for screening during pregnancy
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
Mercy Hospital for Women
163 Studley Road, Heidelberg Victoria 3084
Other events by type
- Numeracy Winter School (Bundoora)
3rd Jul 2017 9:30am
- Success & Retention - Planning Session - SHE Semester 2
3rd Jul 2017 10:00am
- Peer Assisted Teaching Scheme (PATS) Adviser Workshop
5th Jul 2017 10:00am
- Critical reflections on space and placemaking: South Africa and Australia
5th Jul 2017 3:00pm
- Peer Assisted Teaching Scheme (PATS) Briefing
6th Jul 2017 9:30am