HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A Short Course for Midwives
Courses in post test counselling are run by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) several times throughout the year.
- Monday 19 March 2018 08:00 am until Monday 19 March 2018 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
9479 8715; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- Mercy Hospital For Women and ARCSHS
- Type of Event:
- $200 per person
The Mercy Hospital For Women in partnership with the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society at Latrobe University invite all Victorian midwives to attend this professional development opportunity.
This new short course consists of a pre learning component and a one day intensive. The pre learning component consists of a reading package, video content and reflective practice activities. The one day training is highly interactive and involves guest speakers from a range of disciplines.
Pre learning package, all course materials and lunch provided.
Eligible for 7 CPD points - Australian College of Midwives.
Successful completion of this course will result in midwives being certified as a prescribed person under section 132 and section 134 of the Victorian Health and Wellbeing Act 2009.
2018 course dates
- Monday 19th March 2018
Jen Johnson, BBV Program coordinator, ARCSHS, La Trobe University, email@example.com telephone 9479 8715, or Caroline Carr, Clinical Midwife Consultant, Mercy Hospital for Women, phone 8458 4200, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre and post test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Consolidate their understanding of the management of HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C in antenatal care, optimum birth modes and recommendations for breastfeeding
- Refresh their knowledge of obstetric guidelines for screening during pregnancy
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
Learning Precinct, Werribee Mercy Hospital
300 Princes Hwy, Werribee Victoria 3030
Other events by type
- Fit for purpose: The legal, medical and social barriers and enablers to safer PIED injecting
16th Feb 2018 10:30am
- Art Therapy Masterclass: Yayoi Kusama
2nd Mar 2018 10:00am
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A Short Course for Midwives
19th Mar 2018 8:00am
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
16th Apr 2018 9:00am