Farm to plate: Developing food culture in Bendigo
La Trobe University Bendigo Alumni Association invites you to attend our final Bendigo Downtown Lecture for 2015.
- Thursday 19 November 2015 06:00 pm until Thursday 19 November 2015 08:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Alumni and Advancement Office
email@example.com; 1300 737 133; http://www.latrobe.edu.au/alumni
- Presented by:
- Sonia Anthony, Co-owner Masons of Bendigo
- Type of Event:
- Alumni; Community Event; Forum/symposium; Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
Booking is essential to attend this event.
Guests are invited to enjoy a selection of delicious, locally-sourced antipasto style cured meats, cheese and olives after the lecture.
Join co-owner of Masons of Bendigo Sonia Anthony as she shares the story behind Bendigo's growing and vibrant 'foodie' culture and the starring role played by some of the region's best produce.
Sonia and a small band of like-minded chefs and restaurateurs have spent the last two decades advocating for local farmers, viticulturists and producers through initiatives such as the Bendigo Community Farmers Market and Food Fossickers Central Victorian Trade Network of Bendigo.
These initiatives – aided by a national obsession with celebrity chefs, food bloggers, and TV cooking shows and a growing demand for locally-sourced produce – have laid the groundwork for an explosion of quality dining venues now operating in Bendigo.
Sonia will discuss:
- her efforts to promote local produce over the last two decades
- her development as a chef both locally and internationally
- her experiences at Masons of Bendigo
- her thoughts on how food culture might develop locally into the future.
La Trobe University Visual Arts Centre, 121 View St, Bendigo
Other events by type
- Next Centre for the Study of the Inland Seminar, Dr Nicola Stern
24th Oct 2016 10:00am
- Position Yourself for Success - An Interactive Session (Mildura)
25th Oct 2016 5:30pm
- An Open Access Afternoon
25th Oct 2016 2:00pm
- Balancing work and life in the academy
26th Oct 2016 12:30pm
- Big Data and Cybersecurity: Are We Ready?
26th Oct 2016 6:00pm