Effective workplace communication skills for graduate researchers
Equip yourself with workplace communication skills, learn how to resolve conflict, create positive relationships, and grow personal resilience at this full-day event.
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 09:30 am until Tuesday 23 May 2017 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Research Education and Development (RED) team
- Presented by:
- Shari Walsh
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Careers
This full-day workshop equips you with effective workplace communication skills, including how to resolve conflict, create positive relationships, and grow personal resilience. These skills are crucial to be good colleagues no matter which sector you work in.
About the program facilitator
Dr Shari Walsh, founder and director of Growth Psychology, has worked extensively with HDR candidates in universities and private practice for more than 8 years. She is expert in individual and group counselling, designing and facilitating interactive workshops, seminar presentation and the use of online modalities to assist clients to enhance their lives.
Why should I attend?
Communication skills are essential for every successful professional and desired by all workplaces. By developing these skills and gaining personal insight in this area, you position yourself well for any sector.
Note: this event is for La Trobe University Graduate Researchers only.
Visual Lab 2.10, Library Research Commons
La Trobe University, Melbourne Campus, Bundoora 3086
Other events by type
- Graduate Researcher Careers Month
1st May 2017 9:00am
- Apply Direct Advisory Evening
31st May 2017 4:30pm
- What’s on a Façade? Affective Architecture and Memories of a Bendigonian Chinese Herbalist, James Lam Say, 1887-2017.
31st May 2017 2:30pm
- Religious influences on behavioural and brain response to mortality threats
31st May 2017 12:30pm
- Closing the Gap in Higher Education
2nd Jun 2017 9:00am