The 7th Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference’s objective is to facilitate the dissemination and generation of research on topical problems in Finance that are addressed from various perspectives.
- Monday 25 September 2017 09:00 am until Wednesday 27 September 2017 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Conference team
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Business School, Department of Economics and Finance
- Type of Event:
The La Trobe Business School is pleased to present the 7th Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets conference. Bringing together finance scholars and practitioners and research students to participate in and partake in the presentation of state-of-the-art research in the fields of Behavioural Finance, Experimental Finance and Capital Markets/Market Microstructure. The event will be held on the City Campus of La Trobe University in 360 Collins Street, Melbourne on Monday and Tuesday 25-26 of September 2017. A tour of selected boutique Yarra Valley wineries after the Conference on Wednesday 27 September will offer an opportunity for informal networking.
The keynote speakers are two of the best scholars in Financial Economics and Market Design, distinguished internationally, and both with plenty of experience and interactions with the industry. They are Prof. Jacob Goeree (Scientia Professor, Director AGORA Centre for Market Design UNSW, previously from Caltech and the University of Zurich) and Prof. Peter Bossaerts (The University of Melbourne, Professor of Experimental Finance and Decision Neuroscience Honorary Fellow, Florey Institute for Neuroscience and Mental Health, previously from California Institute of Technology). This year, the conference will also feature a unique Finance Industry Forum on the role of digital technology in financial markets. The panel is titled ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Innovations, Disruptive Technologies and the Impact of the Digital Revolution on the Finance Industry’.
Call for Papers
Potential conference presenters are required to submit two electronic copies of their paper with the file name labelled as the full title of the manuscript (no author details are to be included within file name).
Submission details are as follows:
- Abstract: Presentation title, authors’ names, short abstract of about 100 words, primary or presenting author's name, title, affiliation, email and address must appear on the first page with all additional authors and their affiliations. The file format is to be Microsoft Word only (.doc).
- Paper: In the full version of the paper all identifiable information of any author(s) must be excluded from the text and properties of the file saved as a pdf (.pdf) format.
Best Paper Awards
- AU$1,500 for best paper sponsored by Capital Markets CRC
- AU$1,500 for the best paper using SIRCA data sponsored by SIRCA
- AU$1,500 for the best practical Behavioural Finance research paper sponsored by the CFA Institute Asia Pacific
- US$1,000 for the best paper on Asia Pacific Capital Markets sponsored by Elsevier
- AU$1,500 for best paper presented by a PhD student sponsored by Amery Partners Investment Management
Papers must be submitted by email before 9 July 2017.
Closing date for paper submissions - 16 July 2017
Notification of acceptance - 19 July 2017
Registration deadline for accepted authors - 16 August 2017
Faculty/Practitioner full conference registration (incl. of dinner and wine tour - AU$400)
Faculty/Practitioner single day registration (Day 1 or Day 2) conference registration - AU$150
Faculty/Practitioner (Partner) Gala Dinner or Yarra Valley wine tour registration - AU$120
PhD student full conference registration (incl. of dinner and wine tour - AU$200)
PhD student single day (Day 1 or Day 2: 9am-8pm) academic ticket - AU$75
PhD student Dinner (Day 1) or Yarra Valley wine tour registration (Day 3) - AU$100
La Trobe University, City Campus
360 Little Collins Street, Melbourne
Other events by type
- The 7th Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference
25th Sep 2017 9:00am
- 3rd National LGBTI Ageing & Aged Care Conference
5th Oct 2017 9:00am
- Ageing and Old-Age in Asia-Pacific
11th Oct 2017