A Workshop with Professor Christine Bigby: Is there such a thing as a good group home?
A partnership between the Living with Disability Research Centre at La Trobe University, National Disability Services and Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID).
- Friday 28 April 2017 09:15 am until Friday 28 April 2017 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Sophia Tipping
- Presented by:
- Professor Christine Bigby
- Type of Event:
- $25 - $100
What does the research tell us?
What action do we need to take to improve the quality?
What are the alternatives?
Group homes are a very significant part of the system of services that supports people with intellectual disability. Prior to the NDIS approximately half of all Australian disability expenditure is on accommodation and most of this is on group homes.
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
- Hearing about the latest research related to group homes
- Learning about the impact of the culture in group homes and the role of practice leadership
- Taking off rose coloured glasses
- The alternatives to group homes
- Networking with you peers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those in a leadership role of accommodation support services including CEOs and senior managers
- Families of people with intellectual disability
- Service coordinators/case workers
- Professional staff who support individuals living in group homes
La Trobe University - City Campus
Lvl 2 360 Collins Street Melbourne, Vic
Other events by type
- Digital Learning and Teaching (Higher Education Leadership) Community of Practice
18th Oct 2017 11:00am
- New Perspectives 2017 - Support master class
24th Oct 2017 10:00am
- SOTL - Learning in the Digital Age Seminar 9
25th Oct 2017 12:00pm
- Understanding the Philosophy of Xiong Shili
26th Oct 2017 2:00pm
- Media Research in the Age of Precarity
27th Oct 2017 10:30am