A Workshop with Professor Christine Bigby: Is there such a thing as a good group home?
A partnership between the Living with Disability Research Centre at La Trobe University, National Disability Services and Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID).
- Friday 28 April 2017 09:15 am until Friday 28 April 2017 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Sophia Tipping
- Presented by:
- Professor Christine Bigby
- Type of Event:
- $25 - $100
What does the research tell us?
What action do we need to take to improve the quality?
What are the alternatives?
Group homes are a very significant part of the system of services that supports people with intellectual disability. Prior to the NDIS approximately half of all Australian disability expenditure is on accommodation and most of this is on group homes.
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
- Hearing about the latest research related to group homes
- Learning about the impact of the culture in group homes and the role of practice leadership
- Taking off rose coloured glasses
- The alternatives to group homes
- Networking with you peers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those in a leadership role of accommodation support services including CEOs and senior managers
- Families of people with intellectual disability
- Service coordinators/case workers
- Professional staff who support individuals living in group homes
La Trobe University - City Campus
Lvl 2 360 Collins Street Melbourne, Vic
Other events by type
- The Kangxi Emperor in Western Eyes (and Ears)
24th Aug 2017 2:30pm
- SOTL - Learning in the Digital Age Seminar 7
24th Aug 2017 12:00pm
- Peer Assisted Teaching Scheme (PATS) Briefing
28th Aug 2017 9:30am
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A Short Course for Midwives - August
28th Aug 2017 8:00am
- Rethinking education in China
28th Aug 2017 12:00pm