A Workshop with Professor Christine Bigby: Is there such a thing as a good group home?
A partnership between the Living with Disability Research Centre at La Trobe University, National Disability Services and Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID).
- Friday 28 April 2017 09:15 am until Friday 28 April 2017 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Sophia Tipping
- Presented by:
- Professor Christine Bigby
- Type of Event:
- $25 - $100
What does the research tell us?
What action do we need to take to improve the quality?
What are the alternatives?
Group homes are a very significant part of the system of services that supports people with intellectual disability. Prior to the NDIS approximately half of all Australian disability expenditure is on accommodation and most of this is on group homes.
WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP ABOUT?
- Hearing about the latest research related to group homes
- Learning about the impact of the culture in group homes and the role of practice leadership
- Taking off rose coloured glasses
- The alternatives to group homes
- Networking with you peers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those in a leadership role of accommodation support services including CEOs and senior managers
- Families of people with intellectual disability
- Service coordinators/case workers
- Professional staff who support individuals living in group homes
La Trobe University - City Campus
Lvl 2 360 Collins Street Melbourne, Vic
Other events by type
- Evidence-Based Teaching Improvement Workshop
7th Mar 2017 2:00pm
- Engaging Teaching and Learning through Blended Learning Workshop
21st Mar 2017 10:00am
- Blended Learning Design Workshop
14th Apr 2017 2:00pm
- A Workshop with Professor Christine Bigby: Is there such a thing as a good group home?
28th Apr 2017 9:15am
- Sem 1 - Principles of Digital Teaching and Learning 1
2nd May 2017 11:30am