2018 John Richards Centre Oration in Bendigo
Canada's public and private pensions: Lessons for others?
- Monday 26 March 2018 03:00 pm until Monday 26 March 2018 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- John Richards Centre for Rural Ageing Research
02 6024 9718; email@example.com
- Presented by:
- Professor Thomas R. Klassen
- Type of Event:
- Alumni; Community Event; Public Lecture
- Free but registrations are essential
Join us for the 2018 John Richards Centre Oration in Bendigo-
Canada's public and private pensions: Lessons for others?; Presented by Professor Thomas R. Klassen.
Professor Klassen, who is based in Canada, will discuss how Canada has created a unique set of income security programs for its older citizens over the past half century. The programs have largely eliminated old-age poverty, and for most older Canadians, provide a minimum standard of living.
Are these pension programs a model for other jurisdictions, or a specific response to unique conditions that contain little policy learning for others?
There will be an opportunity for networking over refreshments prior to the start of the lecture.
More about our special guest speaker:
Professor Thomas R. Klassen
Thomas R. Klassen is a professor of sociology at York University in Canada. He is an acclaimed author who teaches about, and writes on, retirement, pensions, unemployment, immigration, gambling, discrimination, and how to ensure students succeed.
McKay Lecture Theatre
La Trobe Rural Health School, Sharon St, Flora Hill VIC 3552
Other events by type
- 2018 John Richards Oration
22nd Mar 2018 5:00pm
- 2018 Alumni Event in Paris
24th Mar 2018 7:00pm
- 2018 John Richards Centre Oration in Bendigo
26th Mar 2018 3:00pm
- The Popular Revival of Confucianism in Contemporary China
27th Mar 2018 6:00pm
- 2018 Alumni Event in Berlin
27th Mar 2018 7:00pm