Our secondary teacher education courses prepare you for a successful career teaching in Australia and overseas (subject to the provisions of local teacher registration authorities).
Good secondary school teachers change lives and prepare young people for the next stages in their lives of employment or further study. They are responsible for inspiring, motivating and mentoring young people during some of the most crucial schooling years.
Secondary school teachers usually teach two subjects to a range of classes from Year 7 to Year 12, specialising in areas such as English, mathematics, science, languages, English as an additional language, art, health and physical education, history, and technology.
Our courses provide the academic, professional and personal guidance needed to begin your life as a teacher, which requires:
- enthusiasm for, and ability in, your chosen subject areas
- enthusiasm for working with teenagers
- active engagement with students of differing abilities and from different cultures
- high-level organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- a willingness to work outside of school hours.