Secondary School Students

If you are a secondary school student and wish to pursue a career as a teacher, you can complete:

an approved four-year undergraduate teacher education degree


an academic degree in a non-education area (for example, a Bachelor of Science) and then complete an approved postgraduate teacher education qualification such as the Master of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary), Graduate Diploma in Education (Middle Years) or the Master of Teaching (P-12)


a TAFE qualification and then choose to enrol in a four-year undergraduate education degree. You may be eligible for advanced standing. This will mean that you will not be required to study selected units and you will complete your degree faster. For further information refer to Pathways to teaching - TAFE students.


If you want to study educational issues without qualifying for registration as a teacher, you can complete a three-year undergraduate degree in educational studies (Bachelor of Educational Studies).

For more information visit the La Trobe University Future Students page.