International Students

International students who wish to gain entry into teacher education courses within the Department of Education that qualifies for teacher registration must:

  • Enrol in an approved four-year undergraduate education degree
  •   or
  • Complete an approved academic degree in a non-education area, either in their home country or in Australia (for example, an approved overseas Bachelor degree) and then complete an approved postgraduate teacher education degree program (e.g. the Master of Teaching (Primary), Master of Teaching (Secondary) or Master of Teaching (P-12) or the Graduate Diploma in Education (Middle Years)).

International students with completed degree studies who are not seeking to qualify as a teacher in Australia can choose from the Master of Applied Linguistics, Master of Education, Master of Educational Leadership and Management, Master of Special Education or Master of TESOL programs.   

For more information, including information about the different IELTS prerequisites for the different courses, visit the La Trobe International or La Trobe University Future Students page.