Teacher registration

All teachers in Victoria must obtain permission to teach from the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) before they can be employed in any Victorian school. Student completing teacher education courses at La Trobe may also be eligible for registration in other Australian states and territories. Overseas registration may also be possible.

All primary and secondary teachers, including principals working in Government, Catholic and Independent schools, are required by law to be registered.

Application for Registration forms can be obtained from the Faculty office on each campus, or directly from VIT