Centre for Sport and Social Impact
BBus (Hons) LaTrobe University; PhD LaTrobe University
Membership of professional associations
Sport Management Association of Australia & New Zealand (SMAANZ); European Association of Sport Management (EASM).
Area of study
Erica's research areas include engaging non-traditional markets in sport, the capacity and management of sport organisations to design and deliver programs, increasing physical actvitiy through sport participation, creating healthy environments at sporting clubs, sport policy, program evaluation and the social value of sport and recreation. Across 2016/17, Erica spent time travelling Australia interviewing 12 - 17 year olds who were disengaged from sport and through the Australian Sports Commission Youth Partioipation Project, worked with eight NSOs to develop programs to better engage these students. She is currently leading the research on how the Australian Sports Commission Physical Literacy Standard can by applied across the sport, education and health sectors.
- Sport development
- Sport Management
Randle, E (2016) Are National Parks our future or our past [Radio appearance] http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/offtrack/national-parks-our-future-or-our-past/7290072
Randle, E.J. & Hoye, R. (2016) Stakeholder perception of regulating commercial tourism in Victorian National Parks, Australia, Tourism Management, vol 54. pp 138-149
- Australian Sports Commission Physical Literacy Pilot Program http://www.ausport.gov.au/participating/physical_literacy
- VicHealth Active Women and Girls Participation and Profile evaluation http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/programs-and-projects/active-women-and-girls-for-health-and-wellbeing-program
- VicHealth This Girl Can evaluation
- Australian Sports Commission Youth Participation Project (Sporting Schools in Secondary Schools) https://www.ausport.gov.au/participating/youth_participation_research_project
- Reclink "Social Value of the Reclink Football League"
- VicHealth Innovation Challenge evaluation
- VicHealth Active Club Grant evaluation http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/funding/active-club-grants
- VicHealth Sport Program evaluation http://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/search/winners-sport-challenge
- Australian Sports Commission Youth Participation Project (Sporting Schools in Secondary Schools)
- AFL and AFL Players Association "A First Class Sporting Workplace"
- Hockey Victoria "Developing a modified social version of hockey" (http://www.hockeyvictoria.org.au/jball)
- Rumbalara Football Netball Club "Social Value of an Aboriginal run sporting club" (http://www.rfnc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Latrobe_Rumbalara-FNC_Summary_FINAL.pdf and http://www.rfnc.com.au/social-value-of-an-aboriginal-run-sporting-club-social-impact-statement/)
- VicHealth Active Club Grant evaluation
- VicHealth Sport Program evaluation
- VicHealth Active Clubs Grant Review
- VicHealth Female Participation in Sport and Physical Activity (https://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/media-and-resources/publications/female-participation-in-sport-and-physical-activity-a-snapshot-of-the-evidence)
- Healthy Eating in Leisure Facilities
- Benigo YMCA and Bendigo Health evaluation of the 12 week "Biggest Winner" challenge
- AFL Victoria "AFL Sporting School evaluation"
- AFL Victoria's "The Social Value of a Community Football Club " (http://www.aflvic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Latrobe-Value-of-a-Community-Football-Club-Final-PDF.pdf and http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-27/football-clubs-create-better-mental-health,-social-outcomes/6268268?pfmredir=sm)
- Tennis Victoria's "Accessible Community Equality (ACE) Program Evaluation"
- Healthy Eating in Community Football Clubs
- Central Highlands Football League Grand Final Alcohol Policy
- Golden Square Football and Netball Club 'Healthy Club' Trial Evaluation
- Australian Masters Games 2013 Event Volunteer Evaluation
Erica's PhD research "Regulating commerical tourism in Victorian National Parks" investigated the 2013 Victorian Government legislation amendment to allow commercial tourism operators to invest and build tourism infrastructure within National Park borders. The project explored stakeholder opinions of this change and the regulatory efficacy of strategies which control commercial tourism in National Parks (http://arrow.latrobe.edu.au:8080/vital/access/manager/Repository/latrobe:37953).