Call for Applications for Small Research Grants
The Centre for Public Sector Governance, Accountability and Performance is inviting proposals for a small number of research grants of up to $5,000.
Areas of Research
CPSGAP’s primary research focus is aimed at contributing to better practice in government entities. Accordingly it seeks comparative work in the following areas:
- Accountability frameworks and performance measures for governments entering into Public Private Partnerships.
- Accountability frameworks for the purchase of services from non-government organisations.
- The role of Public Accounts Committees and Auditors-General in monitoring private sector involvement in Public Private Partnerships.
- Transparency and comparability of public sector financial information, including budget papers and financial statements, in different jurisdictions.
- Transparency of ‘off budget’ transactions entered into by governments.
- Performance measurement practices in government entities.
- Sustainability reporting and management in the public sector.
Research topics outside of these areas may be considered if they meet the aims of the Centre.
Intending applicants are advised to discuss their research proposals with the Executive Director of CPSGAP before submitting.
- Grants will be to a maximum of $5,000.
- Projects are to be completed within 12 months of the grant uptake.
- A research report of publishable quality must be produced.
Proposals should be addressed to Prof Zahirul Hoque, Executive Director, CPSGAP, Room 115, Social Science Building, Bundoora Campus, and must be received no later than 12.00 noon, Friday 21 October 2011. Proposals may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further research funding opportunities can be found out at the following links: