Members of the CPSGAP publish scholarly works on public sector related issues in international quality journals. Notable recent publications include:
- Moll, J. and Hoque, Z. (2011). Budgeting for legitimacy: The case of an Australian University. Accounting, Organizations and Society. 36, 86-101. [A* ranked journal by Australian Research Council (ARC)].
- Hoque, Z. and Adams, C. (2011). The rise and use of balanced scorecard measures in Australian government departments, Financial Accountability & Management. 27(3), 308-332 [‘A’ ranked journal by Australian Research Council (ARC)].
- Moll, J. and Hoque, Z (2008), New organizational forms and accounting innovation: the specifier /provider model in the Australian public sector, Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 4(3), 243 [B]
- Hoque, Z (2008), Measuring and reporting public sector outcomes: Exploratory evidence from Australia, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 21(5), 468-493. [B]
- Herawaty, M. and Hoque, Z (2007), Disclosure in the annual reports of Australian government departments: a research note, Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, 3(2), pp. 147 – 168. [B]
- Hoque, Z (2005), Securing institutional legitimacy or organizational effectiveness? A case examining the impact of public sector reform initiatives in an Australian local authority, International Journal of Public Sector Management, Vol. 18, No.4, pp. 367-382. [B]
- Webster, C. and Hoque, Z, (2005), Costing Systems, Use and Users of Cost Information, Power, Resistance and Conflicts in a Government Teaching and Research Hospital, Australian Accounting Review, Special Forum on Health Sector, 15(3), 47-55. [B]
- Hoque, Z., Sharee, A. and Alexander, R. (2004), Policing the police service: An exploratory case study of the rise of “new public management’ within an Australian police service, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 17(1), 59-84. [A*]
- Hoque, Z. (2004). Rationality, accountability reform and accounting for land under roads: An Australian case, Journal of Public Budgeting Accounting and Financial Management, 16(1), 1-18. [B]
- Hopper, T. and Hoque, Z (2004), Changing forms of accounting and accountability within emerging economies, Accounting and Accountability in Emerging and Transition Economies Supplement 2 of Research in Accounting in Emerging Economies, 1-20.
- Hoque, Z. and Alam, M (2004), Privatisation, management accounting change and cultural values in a developing country: case studies from Bangladesh, Accounting and Accountability in Emerging and Transition Economies Supplement 2 of Research in Accounting in Emerging Economies, 441-468
- Sharma, U and Hoque, Z. (2002), TQM implementation in the public sector: a Fijian case, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 15(5), 340-360.
- Sharma, U and Z. Hoque (2001), Implementing the balanced scorecard in a government entity: a case study of the housing authority of Fiji, The Journal of Cost Management, 15(4), 37-41.
- Hoque, Z. and Moll, J. (2001), Public sector reform implications for accounting, accountability and performance in state-owned entities: An Australian perspective, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 14(4), 304-326
- Hoque, Z (1995), Budgetary control systems in public sector enterprises in a developing country: some evidence from Bangladesh, The International Journal of Accounting, 30, 344-355
- Nyamori, R. (2009), Construction and effects of markets on a local authority in New Zealand, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 22(7): 1055-1086.
- Nyamori, R. (2009), Making development accountable: a critical analysis of the Constituency Development Fund in Kenya, Journal of Accounting and Organisational Change, 5(2): 197-227. [Winner of Highly Commended Paper at the Journal of Accounting and Organisational Change 2010 Literacy Awards]
- Cahan, S., Chua, F. and R. Nyamori, (2005), Corporate governance and executive compensation: New Zealand Evidence, Financial Accountability and Management 21(4) November: 437-465.
- Lye, J.M. (2006). Performance measurement in the public sector: A clarification and agenda for research. Australian Accounting Review, 16(39), 25-33.
- Lye, J.M., Perera, M.H.B. & Rahman, A.R. (2005). The evolution of accruals-based Crown (Government) financial statements in New Zealand. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 18(6), 784-815.
- Grafton J., & Lye, J.M. (September, 2000). Political correctness, surface tension and passive racism: A preliminary analysis of students’ lived experiences of cultural diversity at the University of Melbourne. Youth Studies of Australia, 44-51.